Instructions on installing Amazon TV Fire Stick
- From the Home screen, select Settings > System > Wi-Fi.
- under Available Networks, select the public Wi-Fi network. For networks that require a web page to log in, a browser window will pop up after several seconds.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to use your Amazon remote to select input fields. Press the Menu button to enter cursor mode to select links or input fields. An onscreen keyboard will pop up for text fields.
- Enter in the required information. This could be a pre-shared password, room number, or just a button to accept conditions for using the network. Contact the network owner for more information.
- After your device connects to the network, the browser window closes automatically.
- Amazon account - You need an Amazon account to access movies, TV shows, games, music, and apps on Fire TV Stick.
- Wireless Internet Connection (not included) - You need a wireless connection to buy, download, and stream content on Fire TV Stick.
- High-definition TV (not included)- Fire TV Stick is compatible with high-definition TVs with HDMI ports.
- Fire TV Stick equipment
- For optimal wireless performance, do not place your Amazon Fire TV in an enclosed cabinet, as it impacts signal strength to the device, remote, and game controllers.
- For Amazon Fire TV, if you are switching from a wired to a wireless connection, disconnect the Ethernet cable from your Amazon Fire TV device before switching to a wireless connection.
- For Fire TV Stick, use the HDMI extender if your Fire TV Stick is blocked by an object that may impact signal strength to the device, remote, and game controllers.
Connecting to WiFi
If you are traveling or using a Wi-Fi connection that requires a web browser to sign in, you can still connect your Amazon Fire TV device.
Note: In the browser pop-up, you can only access the sign in page for the public Wi-Fi network.